Saturday, January 26, 2008

Covered Cork Board With Embellished Tacks



Covering this little bulletin board with contrasting scrapbook paper was a very simple project. I originally got the inspiration from Cherry Menlove, crafter extraordinairre.




I believe I saw the idea for embellished thumb tacks from something Martha Steward related, or it might have been another blog. Easy peasy. Just hot glue buttons onto regular thumb tacks.



Here are my supplies, ready and waiting to go!

(Sorry about all the shadows. It was night time when I took the pictures, but it's been dark and cloudy here anyway--no opportunity for great lighting with my limited photography skills.)

4 comments:

Arizona Mama said...

This is so cool! The button thumb tacks are ingenius!

Stacie said...

How cute! Come visit my Creative Combustion blog:

http://creativecombustion-crafts.blogspot.com

=) Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Such a cute project, I love it! Great job.

Apron Thrift Girl said...

Button tacks are so darn cute. I've never seen them before. I am definitely going to borrow this idea. Thanks so much.